Web Content Viewer (Anonymous Only)Actions
For over 65 years Wist has been committed to giving back to the communities in which we live and work. Our philanthropy in Phoenix and Tucson as connected us to many organizations that are making a difference. Examples of corporate giving include the following.
- Wist has participated in the City of Hope’s “24 Hours in the Old Pueblo” 24 Hour bike race event in Tucson the past three years, raising a total of $71,100 ($13K ’16, $23K ’17, $35.1K ‘18) for cancer research. Links:
- With the occurrence of Covid-19, Wist donated several thousand dollars of disinfectant and bleach between Phoenix Rescue Mission, Sojourner Center, Midwest Food Bank, Homebase Youth Services, and Fowler School District.
- For the holiday season 2019 Wist partnered with Midwest Food Bank located in Gilbert, AZ. Wist will once again partner for a Thanksgiving and Christmas food drive in 2020.
- Wist donated a value of $16,449 in office furniture to the East Valley Non-profit Paws for Life, who provides affordable training to service dogs for those in need in our community in 2017.
- Wist presented their August 2017 quarterly rebate check to Pinnacle Prevention for National Non-profit Day, who donated the funds to Double Up Food Bucks Arizona, providing greater SNAP/EBT benefits to farmers and Fresh Express stops across the Valley. Link: http://www.pinnacleprevention.org/blog/national-nonprofit-day-giving-thanks
- Wist had the pleasure of donating $30,000 to the Arizona SOUNDS Academy, a local non-profit “whose mission is to teach, mentor, and provide musical experiences and opportunities for underserved youth.”
- Corporate community involvement includes membership in the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC), ASU Presidents Club, EC70 (Greater Phoenix Boys and Girls Clubs), Arizona Alliance of Non-profits, and Tempe Chamber of Commerce, to name a few.